Saturday, May 15, 2010

Gong show


We arrive at CDG Paris at 8:30 am. Customs is a breeze. We move through the airport to the train station with luggage carts in the flying V formation. That way we don't hit each other heels and we are close enough to talk without taking up too much space. We decide that the easier way to get to the Montparnasse train state is to take the RER rather than the bus. We were oh so wrong. We had to transfer trains which required each of us carrying our 50 lbs-ish bags up and down oh sooo many flights up stairs. Seriously, it was a gong show. We finally arrived at the Montparnasse train station, got our tickets and waited. I took a picture of the luggage to show what we were dealing with...

I slept during the 3 hour TGV ride to Lisbourne. The best part was trying to get off at Lisbourne with all the luggage because the train continued on. We had all of our luggage lined up and Alex and I were between cars when the door between cars closed on me. I got out of the way but Alex and I couldn't stop laughing.

After the bus to Bordeaux we finally made it on the train to Arcachon.




No comments:

Post a Comment